Dan Murphy of Abila suggests that there are five key differences in a partner vs vendor relationship:
• A vendor sells you a product whereas a partner sells you a relationship
• A vendor moves your data whereas a partner takes a holistic approach to implementation
• A vendor isn’t in the training business whereas a partner knows training is a key to your success
• A vendor doesn’t play well with others whereas a partner offers an extensive ecosystem
• A vendor will sell you what it has whereas a partner offers you choice
Campus, a modern, mobile, connective portal takes the partnership approach seriously, which can be seen through three effective implementations. This multi-case study will illustrate a partnership model for implementations both generally and specifically, illustrating the efficacy of interdependence between institution and provider.